Thank you for visiting this United Tribes Technical College (UTTC) website. This website is designed to make it easier and more efficient for individuals and businesses to interact with United Tribes Technical College. The College recognizes that it is critical for individuals and businesses to be confident that their privacy is protected when they visit UTTC websites.
For purposes of this policy, “personal information” means any information concerning a natural person which, because of a name, number, symbol, mark, or other identifiers, can be used to identify that natural person.
United Tribes Technical College does not collect any personal information about you unless you provide that information voluntarily by sending an e-mail, responding to a survey, enabling your computer to reveal your username on that system, or completing an online transaction.
Commitment to Privacy
United Tribes Technical College values individuals’ privacy and actively seeks to preserve the privacy rights of those who share information with us. Your trust is important to us and we believe you have the right to know how information submitted through a College Web site is handled.
As explanation of UTTC’s online information policy and practices and to assist you in better protecting your privacy, we provide the following privacy notice.
The UTTC Web space, or website, includes hundreds of pages with varying levels of College involvement and commitment as outlined below.
- Official College Web Sites: Except as noted, the information in this privacy notice applies to all official United Tribes Technical College Web sites, which are defined as – the Web pages of the College, schools, departments, divisions or other units and any other sites specifically designated as official by the president, a dean, department head or director. Official pages are generally recognizable by a standard page footer carrying the College contact information and reference to this privacy statement, as well as a header carrying the College logo. Click here to see a sample of this footer on the UTTC home page.
- Unofficial Web Sites: Within the United Tribes Technical College domain – signified by the address “uttc.edu” or within the range of Internet protocol addresses assigned to United Tribes Technical College – you may find Web sites over which the College has no editorial responsibility or control. Such sites are considered unofficial and include, but are not limited to, the Web pages of individual faculty members or students and the Web pages of student organizations and other entities associated with UTTC that are not directly controlled by the College. While UTTC encourages compliance with this Web Privacy Statement at such sites, in order to better understand the policies and practices under which they operate, please consult the privacy statements of individual sites or seek information directly from the persons responsible for those sites.
The Web Privacy Statement speaks generally to the information collected by or submitted to official United Tribes Technical College Web sites (see the definition above). Still, the amount and type of information collected may vary somewhat from site to site. Therefore, in addition to this general explanation of policy and practice, the College encourages colleges, schools, departments, divisions and other units contributing to its official Web pages to post, as necessary, more specific privacy notices pertaining to the collection and use of any personal information associated exclusively with those pages. Thus it is wise for you to read page-specific notices to ensure you understand the privacy policies and practices applicable to a particular site.
When you access official UTTC Web pages, certain client information and essential and nonessential technical information (collectively referred to as access information) listed below is automatically collected. No other information is collected through our official Web sites except when you deliberately send it to us (for example, by clicking a link to send us an e-mail). Examples of the information you might choose to send us are listed below as “optional information.”
- Access Information (automatically collected)
- Client information, including the Internet domain and Internet address of the computer you are using.
- Essential technical information, including identification of the page or service you are requesting, type of browser and operating system you are using; and the date and time of access.
- Nonessential technical information, including the Internet address of the Web site from which you linked directly to our Web site, and the “cookie information” used to direct and tailor information based on your entry path to the site.
- Optional information (deliberately sent)
- When you send us an e-mail, we will obtain your name, e-mail address, and the content of your e-mail.
- When you complete online forms, we will obtain all the data you choose to fill in or confirm. This may include credit or debit card information if you are ordering a product or making a payment, as well as information about other people if you are providing it for delivery purposes, etc.
As a general rule, UTTC does not track individual visitor profiles. We do, however, analyze aggregate traffic or access information for resource management and site planning purposes. UTTC reserves the right to use log details to investigate resource management or security concerns.
- Access Information:
- Client information is used to route the requested Web page to your computer for viewing. In theory, the requested Web page and the routing information could be discerned by other entities involved in transmitting the requested page to you. We do not control the privacy practices of those entities.
- We may keep client information from our systems indefinitely after the Web page is transmitted, but we do not cross-reference it to the individuals who browse our Web site. However, on rare occasions when a “hacker” attempts to breach computer security, logs of access information are retained to permit a security investigation. In such cases the logs may be further analyzed or forwarded together with any other relevant information in our possession to law enforcement agencies.
- We are not at present subject to either federal or state Freedom of Information Act requirements. However, we cannot guarantee that information we may collect will not be subpoenaed in a court of law of competent jurisdiction.
- Essential and nonessential technical information lets us respond to your request in an appropriate format [or in a personalized manner] and helps us plan Web site improvements. To expedite this process, some official United Tribes Technical College Web sites use “cookies.” Usually a cookie enables the College Web site to tailor what you see according to the way you entered the site (i.e., if you entered by pushing a button identifying yourself as a student, your subsequent views of information might be tailored for student audiences).
- We also use non-identifying and aggregate information to better design our Web site. For example, we may determine that X number of individuals visited a certain area on our Web site, or that Y number of men and Z number of women filled out a particular registration form. But we do not disclose information that could identify those specific individuals.
- Optional Information:
- Optional information enables us to provide services or information tailored more specifically to your needs, to forward your message or inquiry to another entity that is better able to do so, and to plan Web site improvements.
- We use the information you provide about yourself or about someone else when placing a request for service only to complete that order or request. We do not share this information with outside parties, except to the extent necessary to complete that order or request.
- We generally use return e-mail addresses only to answer the e-mail we receive. Such addresses are generally not used for any other purpose and by College and state policy are not shared with outside parties.
- Finally, we never use or share the personally identifiable information provided to us online in ways unrelated to the purpose described without a clear notice on the particular site and without also providing you an opportunity to opt-out or otherwise prohibit such unrelated uses.
There is no legal requirement for you to provide any information at our Web site. However, our Web site will not work without routing information and the essential technical information. Failure of your browser to provide nonessential technical information will not prevent your use of our Web site but may prevent certain features from working. For any optional information that is requested at the Web site, failure to provide the requested information will mean that the particular feature or service associated with that part of the Web page may not be available to you.
United Tribes Technical College is dedicated to preventing unauthorized data access, maintaining data accuracy, and ensuring the appropriate use of information. We strive to put in place appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial safeguards to secure the information we collect online. These security practices are consistent with the policies of the College and with the laws and regulatory practices of the State of North Dakota.
How To Contact Us
Should you have other questions or concerns about these privacy policies and practices, please call us at (701) 255-3285 or send us an e-mail at email@example.com. If you wish to review or change information gathered about you via an official United Tribes Technical College web site but you do not know how, the College webmaster will assist in locating the persons responsible for that site so that you may make your request directly to them.