Student Research CompetitionTribal Leaders Summit & Trade Show
The Intertribal Research & Resource Center at United Tribes Technical College announces the 3rd Annual Student Research Presentation Competition at the Tribal Leaders Summit. This competition is designed to showcase tribal college student research projects and uses a hybrid poster/oral presentation format. Cash scholarships are awarded for the top three places.
Summit dates: September 6 – 8, 2022. Exact date for Student Research Project Presentation TBD.
- Must be enrolled full-time at a tribal college at the time of application.
- Must have a completed research project in any Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics field.
- Completed projects should have an introduction, methods, results, and discussion sections.
The competition uses a hybrid Poster-Oral Presentation format. Students will develop a scientific poster and deliver an oral presentation of the poster. Posters will be on display for the duration of the competition. A 10-minute oral presentation will be prepared by each student. A digital copy of the poster will be projected during each student’s scheduled oral presentation time. Judges will meet with presenters at the end of the presentation session for additional questions. All participants are required to be present during the full competition.
- Overall appearance of poster
- Establishing the need for the project
- Background information (citations from published research)
- Experimental Design
- Grammar, Spelling, Language
- Presentation Organization
- Presentation Delivery
Applicants selected for the competition will receive a complementary Tribal Leaders Summit entrance badge for the day of the competition.
How to Apply:
Space is limited. Selections are made based on the quality of the abstract and significance of the project. To apply for the competition, submit an abstract using the link below. The abstract is limited to 250 words or less and should include the need for conducting the project (background), how the project was conducted (methods), and what was learned by doing the project (results and discussion). Please use the following format:
- Project Title
- Author(s): name and tribal affiliation, if applicable
- Affiliation: department, tribal college, city, state, zip code
- Abstract Text: a single paragraph with no citations